All 1976-1982 Chevrolet Corvette Colors, Codes & Quantities: How Rare is Your Pace Car, Collector Edition, or L82?
How rare is your 1976-1982 C3 Corvette? This easy-to-read, well-researched fact and reference book provides production data for the last seven years of C3 production. For each year, all engine, transmission, and rear axle combinations are presented. Optional equipment and RPOs are listed for each year.
Included is the correct order code for every interior and exterior color, and the GM WA paint code for every exterior color, including cancelled colors. Big enough to put in the back pocket of your jeans when you inspect the Corvette of your dreams, this 141-page book is a one-stop source for all 1976-82 Corvette production information.
- What RPOs should a build sheet indicate for a 1978 Pace Car? For a 1978 Anniversary Edition? For a 1982 Collector Edition?
- Other books and websites indicate the M40 as the only auto transmission for 1976-77 and that the 1978-80 Corvette had an MX1 auto transmission. That information is incorrect. What are the correct 1976-82 transmission RPOs?
- There were as many as four different rear axle ratios used each year. Which do you have and where do you find the stamped ID code?
- Eight pages focus on 1970-75 information, including: 1972 coupe/convertible color breakouts, 1974 Muncie to Borg-Warner differences, and more.
- The appendix includes all 1953-2019 Corvette colors and order codes, their GM paint codes, and color quantities, if known.